Monday, March 15, 2021

Images for a class of Natural Science

Hi everyone! Nice to see you again! Today, I´m being some images that I found for a Natural Science lesson in third grade. The topic of this lesson is "How do you know how old is a tree?". This lesson is related to the types of plants by their stem and how to classify them. I want to show you some images that I will use in the class and explain why I use them. Don´t wait anymore, go to read it and hope you like it!

Before reading it, I would like to tell you something, Everyone is a creative person, it is important to respect the work which made by others. Therefore, every image that I used belongs to the Creative Common, each resource that you find on the internet with this symbol means you can download and use it in your work. There are various websites that you can find a resource with this symbol, it is very easy but useful for us to get good material. 

Tree 



"Tree" by jrsnchzhrs is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0

I have chosen this picture because it is very visual. There is only one tree, so I can explain it as clear as possible. This image shows all the physical characteristics that a tree has, such as the strong, high and hard stem which is called a trunk; some and branches. There also shows that the tree is very tall with is the highest plant. 

Trunk


by Pexels
Free for commercial use/No attribution required

This image shows the rings of a trunk clearly. The topic of this lesson is "How do you know how old is a tree?", we can count the rings of the trunk to know it, one circle represents one year old. We can use this picture in class and let students count the rings to know how old it is this tree. 

Bushes


By music4life 
Free for commercial use/No attribution required

I would like to use this picture to explain the features of the bushes. I have chosen this picture because this photo not only shows a bush but also there are some trees behind the bush. It can show students that bush is shorter than trees. This image can help me explain the main features of the bush, which has many low branches and more than one stems. 

Grasses


"Grass" by Dredrk aka Mr Sky is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0

With this picture, I can explain to students how to identify grasses. The stems of grasses thin and short as we can see in this picture. Also, it shows that grasses are flexible that they can bend in the wind. In general, It can help me explain all the characteristics that students need to know. 

That's all I want to show you today, hope you like it. See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Aurora I taught the same to my 3rd graders and I love these pictures! What a pity that Unit 4 (about plants) is about to come to an end in my class. I will definitely use it in the following school year - for sure ๐Ÿ˜„.

    ReplyDelete